Marriage is a gift of God for the promotion of man’s happiness and God’s glory. The covenant of marriage also serves as an illustration of the covenant of love that exists between Christ and his bride, the church. It is truly a sacred and beautiful institution to be enjoyed and held in high regard. Therefore, we as a church would like to do what we can to assist you in approaching marriage as God intended.
In order for a Renewal pastor to officiate your wedding, you must attend our Premarital Seminar. We offer our seminar 3 times a year on a Saturday, so that couples can attend a seminar at least 3-4 months prior to their wedding date. The dates are listed at the end of our qualifying questionnaire.
1. Complete Qualifying Questionnaire
- Each of you must complete and submit the qualifying questionnaire at least four months prior to your projected wedding date. This four month window is to provide enough time for pre-marital counseling and for the officiating minister to adjust their schedule accordingly.
2. Attend a Premarital Seminar
- A half-day seminar which covers the meaning and purpose of marriage, the qualities necessary to have a healthy marriage, the true nature of love and how to effectively express it, communication and conflict resolution, role relationships, expectations and sexuality in marriage.
- You must register for a seminar that is at least three months before your wedding date.
3. Attend a private follow-up counseling session
- After attending the seminar, you will meet with a Renewal elder and his wife for a private counseling session.
- This session provides the opportunity to review the content covered in the seminar as well as to cover specific, pointed issues in your relationship.
Our fees are as follows:
- Registration for the Premarital Seminar is $70 per couple for the class to cover the cost of materials and lunch. This can be paid by check or Venmo (@renewal-church) on the day of the seminar. Checks should be made out to “Renewal Presbyterian Church”.
- Our Minister’s honorarium ($300 is a suggested fee) can be made out directly to the Minister at the rehearsal.
- If you would like to take the Premarital Seminar and private session through Renewal Church but are not a formal member of Renewal and plan on having a non-Renewal officiant, the registration fee will be $140 per couple.